the maldivian linux blog

a dream, a possible reality. "Freedom"


Ubuntu


I've been trying the new Ubuntu 8.04 for the last few days; I can say that this is the best Linux distribution thus far for desktops that I have used. Everything seems to work as it should and its damn good and stable.

If you are one of those guys; who tried Linux a few years and thought it was not ready for the desktop; then I strongly suggest you try this one. One of the key advantages is that you can even install it over your existing windows partition. Try it out; if you like it; get rid of Windows, I know a few who have already done so. :)

6 Responses to “Ubuntu”

  1. # Blogger AzMyst

    True. Installed it last night and already in love with it. Now if only Digsby would make their IM available for Linux soon.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    can i run it over mac is x ... ???  

  3. # Blogger aMMu

    i am using Gutsy at the moment..will try hardy as soon as i am done with downloading .. ur screenshot looks coOl..does kiba dock comes pre-installed ????  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i waited to download heron on the night of its release.. and its just awesome.. had to think for couple of times in installing true type fonts, but i got over them.. its really awesome.  

  5. # Blogger SoE

    I had a few problems Hardy at first. It kept crashing on me continuously. I had to recompile some of my drivers to get it fixed. Working like a charm now though.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    is it kiba dock o avant window navigator???  

Post a Comment